1. ὁ θεὸς ἐποίησε τὸ ὕδωρ καὶ τὴν
γῆν καὶ πάντα ἐν αὐτοῖς.
God made the water and the land and all the things in them.
2. ἔβαλον εἰς τὴν θάλασσαν πονηροὶ ἄνθρωποι τὰ ἱμάτια τὰ καλά.
Wicked people threw the beautiful clothes into the sea.
3. ὁ ἄνθρωπος ὁ πονηρὸς ἔλαβε τὰ σὰ βιβλία καὶ ἔφυγεν.
The wicked man took your books and fled.
4. πάντας τοὺς ἀδελφοὺς ἡμῶν καὶ πάσας τὰς ἀδελφὰς ἡμῶν ἀγαπῶμεν.
We love all our brothers and all our sisters.
5. κρινοῦμεν ἐκεῖνον τὸν ἄνθρωπον κατὰ τὸν ἡμέτερον νόμον.
We will judge that man according to our law.
6. θρόνον ποιῶν σεαυτῷ ἐβούλου ἄρχειν τῆς γῆς.
You made a throne for yourself and wanted to rule the land.
7. ἡμεῖς οὐκ ἐτηρήσαμεν τὰς ἐντολὰς τοῦ θεοῦ.
We did not keep the commandments of God.
8. οὐκ ἤθελον οἱ ἁμαρτωλοὶ περιπατεῖν ἐν τῇ ὁδῷ τοῦ πνεύματος.
The sinners did not want to walk in the way of the spirit.
9. ἐν ἐκείνῃ τῇ ἡμέρᾳ πῦρ πεσεῖται ἀπὸ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ.
On that day fire will fall from heaven.
10. ἡ μήτηρ μου παρεκάλει με καὶ τὴν γυναῖκά μου τέκνα γεννῆσαι.
My mother urged me and my wife to have children.
Biblical Greek Online. Laura Gibbs, Ph.D. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You must give the original author credit. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. Page last updated: December 13, 2005 9:40 AM