1. ἐν τῷ οἴκῳ μένομεν μετὰ τῶν δούλων
We stay in the house with our slaves.
2. τὸ πρόσωπον τοῦ θεοῦ δυνάμεθα βλέπειν καὶ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐν οὐρανῷ.
We can see the face of God both on earth and in heaven.
3. ἦγεν οὗτος ὁ δοῦλος τοὺς υἱοὺς ἡμῶν ἀπὸ τοῦ ἱεροῦ εἰς τὴν ἔρημον.
This slave led our sons out of the temple into the desert.
4. τὴν βασιλείαν καὶ τὸν λαὸν ἤθελον σῴζειν.
I wanted to save the kingdom and the people.
5. ἐν ἐκεινᾳ τῇ ἡμέρᾳ εἰς τὸ ἱερὸν οὐκ ἀνέβαινον.
On that day I did not go up to the temple.
6. οἱ ὀφθαλμοὶ ἡμῶν τοῖς λόγοις τῶν προφητῶν ἐθεραπεύοντο.
Our eyes were healed by the words of the prophets.
7. ὀφείλομεν καταβαίνειν εἰς τὴν θάλασσαν καὶ πλοῖον εὑρίσκειν.
We ought to go down to the sea and find a boat.
8. ἐν τῷ βιβλίῳ τοῦ νόμου ταῦτα ὑπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ αὐτοῦ γράφονται.
These things are written in the book of the law by God himself.
9. ἤθελον τὰ κακὰ δαιμόνια ἀποκτείνειν τὸν λαόν τὸν ἀγαθόν.
The wicked demons wanted to kill the good people.
10. βιβλία τε καὶ δῶρα ἐπέμπομεν καὶ πρὸς τοὺς ἁμαρτωλούς.
We even sent books and gifts to the sinners.
Biblical Greek Online. Laura Gibbs, Ph.D. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You must give the original author credit. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. Page last updated: November 15, 2005 4:17 PM