1. θέλομεν ακούειν τῶν λόγων τοῦ προφήτου καὶ τῶν μαθητῶν αὐτοῦ.
We want to listen to the words of the prophet and his disciples.
2. αἱ ἀδελφαὶ βλέπουσι τὰ καλὰ ἔργα τοῦ κυρίου.
The sisters see the beautiful works of the Lord.
3. λέγετε ὅτι ὁ ὄχλος ἄρτον οὐκ ἔχει;
Are you saying that the crowd does not have bread?
4. γινώσκεις ὅτι ὁ θεὸς θέλει σῴζειν τοὺς πιστούς.
You know that God wants to save the faithful people.
5. μετὰ τῶν τέκνων οἱ πονηροὶ ἄνθρωποι λίθους βάλλουσιν.
Together with the children the wicked men are throwing stones.
6. οἱ μαθηταὶ κατὰ τοὺς νόμους τοῦ θεοῦ διδάσκουσιν.
The disciples are teaching according to the laws of God.
7. οἱ δοῦλοι οἱ ἀγαθοὶ γινώσκουσιν ὅτι ὁ κύριος αὐτῶν πονηρός.
The good slaves know that their master is wicked.
8. θέλετε βλέπειν τὰς ἐν τῇ ἐρήμῳ βασιλείας;
Do you want to see the kingdoms in the desert?
9. μένει ἐν τοῖς οὐρανοῖς ὁ θεὸς μετὰ τὼν ἀγγέλων αὐτοῦ.
God remains in the heavens together with his angels.
10. ἡ ἀδελφὴ ἡ ἁγία καὶ τὸ τέκνον αὐτῆς ἄρτον ἔχειν θέλουσιν.
The holy sister and her child want to have bread.
Biblical Greek Online. Laura Gibbs, Ph.D. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You must give the original author credit. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. Page last updated: April 9, 2005 8:06 PM