1. παραλαβὼν τὴν μητέρα αὐτοῦ ὁ ἀνὴρ εἰς τὴν ἔρημον ἐπορεύθη.
The man took his mother and went into the desert.
2. οἱ τυφλοὶ οὐ δύνανται ἰδεὶν τά κτισθέντα ὑπὸ θεοῦ.
The blind are not able to see the things created by God.
3. θέλομεν λαβεῖν τὴν ἑτοιμασθεῖσαν ἡμῖν ζωὴν ἐν οὐρανοῖς.
We want to receive the life that is prepared for us in heaven.
4. παραγενόμενος ὁ πατὴρ τὰ δῶρα τέκνοις αὐτοῦ προσήνεγκεν.
The father arrived and brought gifts to his children.
5. ἀσπασάμενοι τοὺς ἀδελφοὺς, ἀπῆλθον οἱ ἀπόστολοι εἰς ἑτέραν γῆν.
The apostles saluted the brethren and went away to another land.
6. τῆς μητρός μου ἑτοιμαζούσης ἄρτον παρεγένοντο οἱ ἄγγελοι.
My mother was preparing the bread when the messengers arrived.
7. γενομένου σαββάτου ἠνοίξαμεν τὸ στόμα ἡμῶν καὶ εὐηγγελισάμεθα.
The Sabbath arrived and we opened our mouth and preached the good news.
8. βλέποντες τὴν ἀγαθὴν γὴν πιστεύομεν ὅτι ὁ κόσμος ἐκτίσθη ὑπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ.
We see the good earth and believe that the world was created by God.
9. ἀκούσαντες τοὺς λόγους τοῦ ἀγγέλου ἐθαυμάσαμεν ἐπὶ τῇ χάριτι τοῦ θεοῦ.
We heard the words of the angel and were amazed at the grace of God.
10. ἡ γυνὴ ἐγνώρισεν ὅτι ἄνθρωπος πονηρὸς εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτῆς.
The woman revealed that a bad man had entered her house.
Biblical Greek Online. Laura Gibbs, Ph.D. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You must give the original author credit. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. Page last updated: December 13, 2005 9:41 AM