The English reading comprehension quiz involves a series of true / false
questions (log in to Blackboard
to take the quiz). You can take the online quiz as often as you want; the computer
will record your most recent score. The quiz will be available until Thursday
- Emperor Jovinianus boasted to himself that he was as great as God.
- Jovinianus went hunting all alone.
- Jovinianus had to change clothes while he was hunting because they were
stained with blood.
- An angel identical in appearance to Jovinianus stole his clothes.
- Jovinianus had to go in the nude to the house of one of his soldiers to
ask for clothes and a horse.
- The empress immediately recognized Jovinianus, her husband of 26 years,
when he showed up at the palace.
- Jovinianus was punished by being locked in prison and denied food and water.
- Jovinianus was restored to favor with God by praying to the Virgin Mary
to intercede for him.
- After the hermit heard Jovinianus's confession and absolved him, he was
able to recognize the emperor.
- The man who "assumed" Jovinianus's identity was a guardian angel.
Modern Languages 4970 / MRS 4903: Medieval Latin. Spring
2003 Online Course at the University of Oklahoma. Visit http://www.ou.edu/online/
for more info.
Laura Gibbs, University of Oklahoma - Information Technology © 2003.
email@example.com. Last updated:
December 29, 2002 7:12 PM